You are here: Home FAQ


Driving Questions


What driving school car will I learn to drive in?

All driving schools and driving instructors are not the same, neither are their choice of dual controlled cars. At Horgis driving I use a BMW Mini diesel, it is fitted with dual controls (a second set of pedals in the passenger side of the car) this allows me to take control of the car again at any time should the need arise.


Why don't you offer Block Bookings like other driving schools?

Other driving schools need to offer Block Bookings and discounts to entice in new learners in order to fill the diaries of their franchised driving instructors.

My diary is often filled by recommendations from customers who were happy with my service. I found a lot of learner drivers just want a simple Pay as You Learn to drive system.


What's the process before taking driving lessons?

Good question, First thing you need to do is apply and get your provisional driving licence. Be careful with this as there are companies on the internet that will charge you £££ to help you apply, they look genuine but they are nothing to do with the DVLA (Driver & Vehicle Licencing Agency) Press this link and apply directly for your provisional driving licence with the DVLA. £34 if you apply online or £43 if you apply by post

Before you apply for your licence it might be a good idea to check your eyes are upto driving. The legal requirement is to be able to read a number plate from a distance of 20.5 meters in good daylight. It might be better to have a proper eyesight check as well.